Total Time: 40 minutes
• 1/4 pound of ground bison or grass-fed beef
• 1/2 cup brown rice
• 2 bell peppers, halved and seeded
• 1/2 onion, chopped
• 2 scallions, sliced
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
• 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 tomato, diced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. While oven preheats, saute meat and onions over medium heat in pan until meat is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
3. Meanwhile, place peppers cut side down on baking sheet and roast until tender, 25–30 minutes.
4. Prepare rice per package directions.
5. Stir meat and onion mixture, scallions, basil, Italian seasoning, and salt into cooked rice. Add tomato and stir to combine. Fill pepper halves with rice and meat mixture.
6. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until heated through